New fractal created with Tierazon program.
Monday, 31 March 2008
Friday, 28 March 2008
JAME 6.0 is a Java real-time multi-thread fractal graphics platform which supports images and animations. The core of JAME is the graphics engine which supports layers, filters, effects and alpha composition. JAME creates Mandelbrot and Julia fractals and supports zoom, rotation and colours shift. JAME has a lot of formulas and provides sophisticated colouring algorithms; you can also chain the colouring formulas and customize the palettes.
© Alastair Montgomery 2008
Thursday, 27 March 2008
Endlos is written in Java so it works on any platform which has a Java runtime.
A fractal generator with the following features:
- Platform independend: runs on any Java virtual machine (1.5 or later; 1.6 up to twice as fast!)
- Multithreaded: uses any amount of threads for faster calculation on computers with multiple cores/CPUs.
- Unlimited precision: use any amount of decimal digits for endless zooms (optimized 64 bit precision).
- Coloring: smooth interpolation; random color maps; color functions; over 1600 color maps available.
- Draw modes: choose between draw modes to see pixel, line, block or only full image result.
- Fast zooming: get an instant preview of the location you're zooming into.
- Multi Fractals: calculate as many fractals as you like at the same time.
- Usage slider: set percentage of processor usage for fine grained system load (0% = pause).
- XML Fractal Settings: save & load your fractal settings.
- Flexible Formulas: change parameters of formulas to create totaly new images.
- Image formats: any file format supported by the Java virtual machine (PNG, JPG, BMP, etc.).
- Post processing: add effects to the final image (blur, emboss, spin, etc.).
- Printing: print your image directly from endlos.
- MIDI songs: yup, endlos plays MIDI files! E.g. these: Video Game Music Archive.
- Open Source: GNU General Public License (GPL).
Alastair's Fractals Main Page,
My Shop at CafePress, My Shop at Zazzle Sign My Guestbook
© Alastair Montgomery 2008
Wednesday, 26 March 2008
Some links from my old fractals page, they might be broken by now.
|MMFrac2.3||Freeware Fractal Generator Program, not tried it yet, screenshots look good.|
|Fractint (Dos, Windows, Freeware)||The program that I used to create most of the images here. Good range of fractal types, examples, options. Its fast too. Just download it. DOS version runs well under Windows 95.|
|Fractal Extreme (Windows, Shareware)||Good program, creates lovely zoom movies, easy to use.|
|Ultra Fractal (DOS, Shareware)||DOS GUI type interface, runs well under Windows 95. Good output, fast, easy to use.|
|Flarium24 (Windows, Freeware)||Very good program lots of options to fiddle with. Upto 24bit color, various sizes.|
|Ultra Fractal (Windows, shareware)||Looks a like a good program.|
|Tiera-Zon (Windows)||By the same author as Flarium24. Faster, more options.|
|Fractal Domains v1.2||Not tried.|
|ab Fractal v0.4b||Not tried.|
|Color Fractal Generator v2.3||Not tried.|
|MandelTV DA v1.0||Not tried.|
|Try these FTP sites for more programs|
|Softseek||Do a search on "fractal", for quick results.|
|ZDNet Hotfiles||Do a search on "fractal", for quick results.|
|Other Links to Fractal Pages|
|Sent your fractal links to be included here.|
|ScienceU||Order HI-Res fractal posters and lots of other science stuff.|
|Fractal Artwork form Fractured Perceptions||Good selection of images, well designed.|
|LifeSmith Classic Fractals||Fractal poster, t-shirts, ties, calenders, etc.|
Buy Fractal Stuff
See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.